Wednesday 8 July 2009

A courtship music

There are two albums that I was playing alot at the time when Dave and I first met. Ryan Adams's Heartbreaker and Jack Johnson's Brushfire Fairy Tales. It was a fun time for me, I'd left my city career and was back at University doing a Masters Degree. My days were filled with debates and I was engaging academically in a way I never quite managed during my first degree. I had the luxury of time to do whatever I wanted and I was newly in love. It was also late spring, early summer and the weather was playing ball. We filled every cliche in the book but didn't care. It was our time.

There are two favourite songs, one from each album to remind me of then.

Damn Sam, I Love a Woman That Rains: Ryan Adams

BrushFire FairyTales: Jack Johnson

No comments: